Accessibility - FAQs

We want our services and information to be accessible and usable for as many people as possible. 

Read our frequently asked accessibility and support questions to find out how we can help. 

Contact us directly if you have any specific requirements or feedback. 

Accessibility and support - FAQs

We have a variety of options available, including documents in alternative formats such as large print, coloured paper, audio and Braille. 

We can also offer language and sign language interpretation. Please contact us if you require any additional support.

If you have experienced a crime, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service can help you find the support you need.  They provide information and advice, as well as a list of organisations who offer support across a wide range of issues. 

Our Family Liaison Officers (FLOs) are all specially trained to support you and your family throughout our investigation. They will contact you at the start of the investigation.

FLOs are appointed to give you and your family information about the investigation.

The FLO will liaise with you throughout the investigation and is your single point of contact. 

Yes. We can take complaints from a friend, relative, or an advocate, if you have given them your consent to complain for you. 

There is no statutory oversight of PIRC. Therefore, the Commissioner’s decisions, findings and conclusions are final. 

However,  you can consult your local Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor about any further action which may be available.