Contact us

  • Police Investigations & Review Commissioner
  • Hamilton House
  • Hamilton Business Park
  • Caird Park
  • Hamilton
  • ML3 0QA

General enquires:

For general enquiries, to ensure the quickest response to your query, in the first instance please email

You can also contact us by post:

Police Investigations & Review Commissioner
Hamilton House, Hamilton Business Park
Caird Park

If your enquiry is urgent or you are unable to contact us by email or post, please telephone 01698 542 900.

Our standard office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 4.45pm

For Freedom of Information or Data Protection queries:

The PIRC has designated Information Officer and Data Protection Officers. If you have concerns about the way we deal with your data please contact us on

If you wish to make a complaint about the PIRC or a member of staff:

For recruitment related enquiries:

We carry out our business in line with our Standards of Service.  If you are dissatisfied with our service, you can find out how to make a complaint about the PIRC here

You can also find out more about our role, services and what to expect from us from our information leaflets

Send us a message

Complaints about the PIRC

The PIRC is committed to providing high-quality customer service.

We are always seeking to improve our services and would like to hear your feedback. 

We hope that your experience of dealing with the PIRC was a positive one. However, whether your experience was positive or negative, we want to hear from you.

If you would like to provide feedback or make a formal complaint to the PIRC, you can find useful information about how to do so below, as well as our contact details.

You can also download this information in our leaflet, A guide to complaints about the PIRC.  A large print version is also available.  View all PIRC information leaflets here

Find out more

Contact details for police organisations

The PIRC can review complaints about a number of policing organisations operating in Scotland. 

If you have a complaint about a policing body in Scotland, you must first make your complaint to the body concerned to allow them the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

Find contact details for policing bodies operating in Scotland below. 

Find out more